Monday, April 2, 2007

Didn't get to play this weekend...

So I had planned all last week to go out and play on Saturday and it just didn't happen. Grrr! I hate it when I think I'll get to play and I can't. I'm definitely going to go out next weekend now (maybe sooner!). I'm itching to try some of the new techniques I've been picking up. I really think they'll help my game. I'm planning on breaking 100 my next time out. I know I can do it, I just have to get out there!

So I've been watching and watching my Short Game DVD from PurePoint Golf and watching their little video clips on YouTube and I think I've got this system down. I decided a long time ago that my short game is my undoing. I have a tendency to top the ball and watch it scoot over and through the green and I think the DVD has pointed out why its happening. I'm trying to get under the ball and lifting up my front shoulder pulling myself away from the ball. That obviously is bad. I've been practicing with the low follow through that Bobby mentions on the DVD and it has proved to work much better than my normal short game swing.

Anybody got any other pointers on the short game? I'd like to hear 'em.

Joe